So as arrangements changed, so did their space needs.

And thus began the research period. I went online and looked at two distinct groups of pedalboards: the generic options, mass produced and sold to the you’s & me’s of the world, and then the professional ones that are actually USED on stage by pro’s. Of course there very few constant elements across all the models i reviewed, but i did pull some average sizes, adjust a few times to fit both what i had and what i imagined i might use, wrote down all the features i thought i might use, and i was on my way!

All night CAD sessions are pretty much baseline requirement for any respectable project at this point.

And here is the dry fit! Sorry for that fuzzy one, but you can see, just with tight tolerances it holds itself together pretty well. The top has two main rows on the left, a space for two volume and / or wah pedals, and the bottom front VERY carefully designed for two channel selector pedals, one of which is The Eye of Horus. The interior space is mostly to house cabling, but it also hides my big MXR EQ pedal from the 80’s, power supplies for all the pedals, and the front left has room for 4-ish pedals. The back has inset areas to accept an IEC320 C14 (aka “computer”) power supply jack, a 1/4″ in and two 1/4″ outs for that stereo sound!

Next was 1/4″ roundover, sanding, glue & tack assembly, and then finish. I used a triple thick poly that soaked in SO fast in the heat this thing probly got 3 or 4 coats. Prior to finish i did a wet wipe to bring up the nap, sanded again, and then in between the two major finish session i did some more sanding, and ended with some light sanding to the odd rough areas.

Coming Soon: Hardware & implementation!